Teacher Assignment Forms were e-mailed in early August. Completed Teacher Assignment Forms must be returned to the Performance Office (rm 107) by September 29, 2017.
Undergraduate students not required to take Applied Lessons for their degree program (3rd & 4th year Comprehensive, Composition and History/Theory), but wish to continue on with lessons, need to complete an Optional Applied Lessons form found on Blackboard-Registrar’s Office organization-forms. Completed forms are due to the Registrar’s Office by July 15.
Applied Music Info Jul 2017 includes information on Juries, Recitals (Undergrad and Masters) and grading rubrics
Interested in transferring to Performance (Classical or Jazz)? Read this: Transfer Info Notice 0717
2016/17 Comment/Grade sheets for Applied Music, Recitals and Juries can be obtained as follows:
Undergraduate: from the Registrar’s Office.
Masters: after June 1st, e-mail email@example.com at least 4 business days in advance, with the subject line “Comments” to request for pick-up, or by scan if out of town.
*Please note that e-mail requests will only be accepted from utoronto e-mail addresses.
*Be sure your request includes your full name.
The full recital schedule is posted outside the Performance Office.
Recitals required for Undergraduate and Masters students for their degree will be scheduled by the Performance Office and posted in mid/late-October. Requests for recital date changes must be made by petition.
DMA students should book their recital date with the Performance Office directly.
Be sure to read all materials relevant to your degree for recital requirements and regulations.
Optional recitals, for students not required by their program, must be coordinated by the student.
Due to the large number of recitals and concerts going on back to back, receptions during recital intermissions are not allowed. Post-recital receptions are only permitted on the third floor of the Edward Johnson Building (no alcohol permitted) or at an off-site facility (eg. Restaurant, pub, etc.). There are no exceptions to this policy.
Starting Thursday, January 4, 2018: All dress rehearsals are booked through the Performance Office, rm 107, in-person, on a first-come-first-serve basis
- Booking during the exam period in April (9-30) is suspended until the exam schedule is posted after Reading Week
- Dress rehearsals are one hour in length for Undergraduate, ACP & Artist Diploma (except percussion) and two hours in length for Masters, if available
- Bookings on a weekend will require a key to WH picked up from the Registrar’s Office (rm 145) before 4:30pm on the Friday before
Father Madden Hall
- Dress rehearsals will take place on Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays only
- Dress rehearsals are one hour in length
Walter Hall – Edward Johnson Building, 80 Queen’s Park
Father Madden Hall – Carr Hall, 100 St Joseph St
Upper Jazz Studio – 90 Wellesley St W
Vic Chapel – Victoria College, 91 Charles St W
Emmanuel Chapel – Emmanuel College, 75 Queen’s Park
Chamber Music 2017/2018 (PMU191-491Y1 & MUS4710/1H)
Saxophone: Wallace Halladay
Percussion: Aiyun Huang
Faculty of Music Competitions:
2018 UTSO Concerto Competition
2017 UTSO Concerto Competition Winners
- Naoko Tsujita, Marimba (student of Beverley Johnston & Mark Duggan)
- Aisa Sayama, Piano (student of Lydia Wong)
- Brittany Cann, Voice (student of Wendy Nielsen)
2018 WINDS Concerto Competition
2017 WINDS Concerto Competition Winner
- Marco Wong, Alto Saxophone (student of Wallace Halladay)
2018 DMA Recital Competition
2017 DMA Recital Competition Winner
- Rudin Lengo, Piano